|Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
(projects i'm involved in)
(projects i'm following)
Hailing from Hyderabad, Upendra is a civil engineer by profession. A believer in sustainable and holistic living, Upendra's journey in understanding and embracing Permaculture began in 2009 when he realised the impact of poorly-designed systems, leading to irreversible damage to nature. This need to ‘go-back-to-roots’ triggered his interest in the philosophy of permaculture. Under his mentor Dwarakanath Jnaneswar Ekkirala, he and his team are working actively on a diverse array of projects ranging from small scale intensive home gardens to broad acre agriculture involving land regeneration, soil fertility management, water conservation which creating economic benefit to the farmer.Apart from being a full-time permaculture consultant, designer and educator, he and his team are also establishing a private eco-village in Andhra Pradesh. Upendra strongly believes that permaculture is the movement that we need in today's world for sustainability. He regularly conducts workshops, seminars and courses for interested people, apart from organising training-of-trainer courses for those in related field. This not only introduces them to permaculture and creating their own urban farms but also empowers them to sustain their own needs. Upendra currently specialises in designing self-sustaining farms and this expertise has earned him a place as an expert in the permaculture in India.
PAST WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
● AP Horticulture Department
● Kheti Virasat Mission in Punjab
● Indian Institute of chemical technology, Hyderabad (IICT)
● IIT Kanpur for an expert talk on permaculture.
● Resources person for Urban Gardening Workshops organised by the National Institute of Agriculture Extension Management across the country.
● The Tamilnadu Agricultural University at Coimbatore.
● Corporates in Bangalore and Hyderabad such as Infosys and GE
● In 2013 he initiated a programme Gather-2-Garden which primarily focuses on teaching urban gardening in colonies and communities. Over 40 Such Workshops have been successfully conducted so far by him and his team in various towns and cities of South India. across the country
● Various Schools across the country
|Certified Permaculture Design Course
|Type: Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course
|Teacher: Rakesh Rootsman Rak
|Location: Kavita's Farm, Zirad, Alibaug, Maharashtra, India
|Date: Jan 2013
|Introduction to Permaculture
|Type: Introduction to Permaculture
|Teacher: rico zook
|Location: maharashtra nature park, Sion-Dharavi , Mumbai
|Date: Oct 2011
|9 PDC Graduates (list)
|0 PRI PDC Graduates (list)
|7 Other Course Graduates (list)
|have acknowledged being taught by Upendra Sri Sainath
|0 have not yet been verified (list)
|Upendra Sri Sainath has permaculture experience in: