2018 course dates:
- 9-16 June 2018 : Introduction to Natural Building
- 30 June – 7 July 2018 : Introduction to Natural Building
- 4-11 August 2018 : Introduction to Natural Building
- 1st and 2nd September 2018: Natural Plastering Weekend Workshop
- Options to stay on and volunteer after the course commences to put your new skills into practice
This course will be run by experienced teacher and natural builder Barbara Leite from the Mount of Oaks community with a maximum of 8 students.
450EUR – 3 EARLY BIRD places for the first 3 people to register
What can you expect from this course?
- The course will consist of daily theory classes with introductions to all of the aforementioned building techniques using local and natural materials (A complete PDF manual will be provided at the time of registration). However, this is predominantly a hands on learning course and it will mostly be practical in order for participants to really get a feel for each material and technique.
- Participants will gain the ability and skills to design and build their own small natural build.
- Three meals a day including tea, coffee and snack breaks.
- Daily Yoga Classes
- On the day-off, an optional day trip to the Mount of Oaks community will be included in order to see some of their existing natural buildings, have a tour and lunch for an extra cost of 15€/person.
There is no need for any previous experience as a builder, an engineer or an architect. (If you do have previous experience, please come with patience because there might be others who don’t).
We expect to learn with each other and have a unique experience of life within a community setting. During the course we will work together, eat together.
This course is limited to a maximum of 8 students in order for participants to have maximum practical experience throughout the week.
Course participants will learn a lot of different building techniques, and if you wish to put these into practice and perfect your skills further, you can contact us about staying on after the course as a volunteer.