|Mapacho Valley, Peru, Peru|
(projects i'm involved in)
5 hours from Cusco, Peru boardering Manu National Reserve, PE
Posted by Cynthia Robinson almost 9 years ago
This fall we have one of our traveling Permaculture instructors, Kyle Murray, visiting as a special guest volunteer coordinator guiding work-study volunteers in some amazing projects. This is an opportunity to learn in action. Volunteers are required to stay for a minimum of 10 days during this 6 week period and are welcome to stay for the full adventure. Opportunities for long term stay are also possible.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to learn through hands on work in the following areas:
• Establishing and maintaining a tree Nursery
• Preparation and planting of a Cacao orchard
• Agroforestry (early stages of food forest development, proper fruit tree pruning, selective harvesting and more)
• Earthworks for soil building and reforestation
• Rainwater Harvesting
• Terra Preta Soil building research
• Growing vegetables in the tropics
• Advanced land survey and mapping
• and quite a bit more
• be resilient enough to cope with off the grid, basic living conditions
• be fit for hard physical work
• appreciate and enjoy the value of another culture
• value a challenge for the growth that it offers you in your life.
• Expect to get sweaty and dirty
About Kyle Murry:
Kyle T. Murry resides in the Adirondack Mountains where he currently works as a Land Manager, Permaculture Educator, and Carpenter. Kyle has formally studied Permaculture in the Northeast with Andrew Leslie Phillips at the Hancock Permaculture Center and in Central America at the Maya Mountain Research Farm in Belize with Chris Nesbitt and Albert Bates. Kyle is also an Alumni of Paul Smiths College where he focused on Land Surveying and Natural Resource Management and Policy. As volunteer coordinator at the Paitit Institute Kyle will be focusing on the many facets and applications of agroforestry and water management.
$20 a day
10% discount available for those staying for the full 45 days
The above contribution covers all lodging, food and training. Airfare is not included.
You must be logged in to comment.