Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to [email protected]
The Permaculture Manager will be tasked to:
- Support the design, set up and implementation of the permaculture project component
- Research permaculture methods and practices applicable to the context in Sindh based on reference material, stakeholder meetings, field visits etc
- Identify and make linkages with relevant partners and stakeholders on the local, provincial and national level. For example, academic institutions, government departments, agricultural research institutes, local, national and international NGOs and donor institutions etc
- Undertake training sessions in permaculture with ACTED staff and local Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the project, including working with the internal monitoring and evaluation department to develop processes
- Support the development of a longer term permaculture project in Pakistan
- Manage relevant project staff and support the integration of permaculture and provide support to other related projects
- Explore opportunities to develop productive gardens at selected schools in the area and provide training to teachers and school staff as required.
- Undertake necessary research to establish tree nurseries with native or adapted tree species that are suitable to the local climate and beneficial to the local environment.
The expected outputs will be fine-tuned during discussions over project implementation and key deliverables will be determined. Tentatively however, the following constitute key expected outputs for this assignment:
- 50 villages integrate permaculture into their planning through CBOs
- Permaculture methods are integrated into project planning and implementation of the project
- Home gardens (zone 1) established using permaculture design and principles in all the 5,000 houses targeted for reconstruction.
- Network of permaculture interested/active stakeholders is established
- Designs are put in place for the continuation and rolling out of the project post-February 2012
- Model garden/s established in key locations within the target area established
- Tree nurseries established in appropriate locations around the target area
- Permaculture design courses delivered and permaculture designs created for clients
- Project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in development programmes
- 2-5 years previous work experience in a relevant position in rehabilitation, agriculture or environment
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- Salary defined by the salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
You must be logged in to comment.