|Asheville, North Carolina, United States|
(projects i'm involved in)
Back to Janell Kapoor's profile
Posted by Janell Kapoor over 12 years ago
“Although the problems of the world are growing increasingly more complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple” - Bill Mollison
February 28 – March 13, 2011
10am-6pm daily, with a one day break on March 6th
In the 2-week Permaculture Design Course, you will learn about solutions that can radically advance human well being and the health of our planet’s ecosystems. This transformational experience offers in-depth classes, field trips, hands-on experience, and small group design projects. Upon completion of this course, you will receive an internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate.
* Permaculture Design Principles & Processes
* Observation & Nature Awareness
* Pattern Design & Biomimicry
* Agroforestry & Forest Gardening
* Perennial Agriculture
* Organic Gardening
* Soil Ecology & Soil Building
* Mushrooms & Myco-Remediation
* Rainwater, Greywater, Bioremediation
* Swales, Keylines, Pond Building
* Aquaculture & Aquaponic Production
* Renewable Energy & Appropriate Technology
* Natural Building Design & Technique
* Integrated Animal Systems
* Urban Permaculture
* Cooperative Economics, Money, Financial Systems
* Eco-Social Design
Brandy Hall and Keri Evjy, with guest teachers: Zev Friedman, Patricia Allison, Chuck Marsh, Chris Farmer, Brian Winslett, and special guests. Read more about our instructors.
$1,250, includes tuition and all materials. Food and lodging are not included. Payment plans are available. Some limited work trade positions may be available for experienced trades-people. A $450 deposit is due to reserve your seat, details below. Final tuition is due by February 15th, unless you have made other payment arrangements.
After paying your $450 deposit, the remainder can be paid with NON-REFUNDABLE post-dated checks over a period of months that we can determine together. We must have the checks before the course begins, and they will be deposited per month. To discuss payment options, email [email protected].
Registration is open for the 2-Week Permaculture Design Course until the program is full. To register, please complete the following:
1) Email [email protected] with your name, phone, email, and address. Include: 1) How you heard about the PDC, 2) Why you want to participate, 3) What you plan to do with what you learn, 4) If you have any previous related experience–not required, and 5) Anything else you’d like us to know.
2) Brandy will contact you within 3-5 business days to confirm that there’s still availability.
3) Once you’ve been confirmed, a NON-REFUNDABLE registration deposit of $450 is needed to reserve your seat. Send a check or money order to: ’Ashevillage Institute‘, 80 Buchanan Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801. Write: ‘2011: 2-Week PDC’ in the memo line. Or pay online.
4) You will receive a packet with preparation details and directions by February 15th.
Your $450 deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. The remainder of your tuition is transferable (NOT refundable), less 25%, IF you notify us before February 15th, 2011. “Transferable” means you may use it as credit toward other Ashevillage Institute programs within one year of when the original course started. After February 15th, all payments are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
For information about lodging options, including camping and rooms at our guest house, email Lisa at [email protected].
Brandy Hall: [email protected]
You must be logged in to comment.
|Type: Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course|
|Teacher: Peter Bane, Chuck Marsh, Patricia Allison, Albert Bates|
|Location: The Ecovillage Training Center at The Farm in Tennessee, USA|
|Date: Jun 1997|
|0 PDC Graduates (list)|
|0 PRI PDC Graduates (list)|
|3 Other Course Graduates (list)|
|have acknowledged being taught by Janell Kapoor|
|0 have not yet been verified (list)|
|Janell Kapoor has permaculture experience in:|